Friday, January 2, 2015

Game #4: Halo 2: Anniversary

Halo 2: Anniversary
Platform: XB1
Total Playtime: 11 Hours

So I was making my way through Kingdom Hearts 2 and my PS3 died 17 hours in :(

Frustrated, I went out into the living room and started up Halo 2. Erika joined me though, and we had some awesome co-op action.

The level design was light years better in Halo 2 compared to 1. Clear paths through levels without having to rely on constant waypoints. That's not to say there weren't any times at all that we both got stuck for a bit, but it was far less than Halo 1. Storytelling got kicked up a notch too, and there was a lot going on with both sides of the conflict and it was pretty easy to follow along.

By the way, the remastered cutscenes by Blur were amazing. It was worth it to play through the game for those alone.

I did play though this way back when, but I forgot just how much of a cliffhanger the ending is. Good thing I have Halo 3 on the same disc and ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment