Saturday, January 10, 2015

Game #6: Halo 3

Halo 3
Platform: XB1
Total Playtime: 4.5 Hours

Yeah, I was surprised at that playtime too. Maybe I was just confused thinking about plot holes instead of focusing on playing the game. Like really, how did Keys and Johnson get to Earth before me AND have time to establish a base since I left them behind on a Halo and I was already in orbit above Earth when Halo 2 ended? Man, I don't know. I had to stop thinking about that.

The game felt very final. As in, it was very obvious Bungie was saying goodbye to this story and most of the characters. As a result. it was overall a solid end to the trilogy. Mechanics were polished as ever, some of the new guns felt very fun to use, vehicles weren't a nightmare to control, it was the final iteration on systems that were introduced years ago and the game was a lot better for it.

I just wish the final fight wasn't against a stationary robot you shoot 4 times.


No comments:

Post a Comment