Sunday, August 2, 2015

Game #23: Story of Seasons

Story of Seasons
Platform: 3DS
Duration: 55 Hours

No, this isn't that Zelda game.

So this game is from the team that originally made Harvest Moon, but Natsume has the trademark for that now and they have been making...questionable games with it lately so these guys broke off and made this game. If you have any love for Harvest Moon at all, you will love this game. I fucking loved it. There's all the standard farm and livestock activities (though with tons of quality of live improvements) as well as a ton of waifus and husbandarus to get. Then, they added a completely customizable farm and house, tons of crafting and decorating, and even a bunch of clothes to craft including a bear costume because why not.

This game is great for killing time. I mean, seriously, 55 hours to get to the credits (which roll whenever you get married). By then, I had the biggest house in the game, was fucking ROLLING in money and had over a billion dollars from selling clothes from my fields of flax. I don't know how my magic sewing machine kept up with everything, but I hope it wasn't child labor. I also owned every public field in the town. Not because I needed them, but because I wanted to exert my dominance over the other shitty farmers in town.

I'm not even past Spring in the second year. I could keep going with this game for a very long time. Buy it, seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment