Thursday, January 29, 2015

Game #11: Akiba's Trip

Akiba's Trip
Platform: PS4
Total Playtime: 8 Hours

Yeah I beat 2 games in one night. I'm a baller.

This one was a bit of an impulse purchase. A friend of a friend did the VO for one of the characters and I had remember hearing about it a while back. Erika and I figured what the hell and picked it up.

This game doesn't take itself seriously, to the point where a good third of your dialogue options are internet memes. You can make your character look at stupid or as cool as you want. For example, I beat the game with headphones, a combat vest, a diva skirt, and sandals and I was fighting with a keyboard so you know, I was pretty damn fly.

There's a pretty large amount of weapons in the game, and each one plays a bit differently. Honestly though, most are garbage. Just grab a bat and beat the crap out of everything that moves. The game does a great job with its setting as well. Loading screens for Akihabara restaurants, animes, tons of local stores, it was pretty fun just wandering around.

There are also multiple endings and paths depending on which waifu you wanna get with. If you're just looking for a sensible chuckle while beating up hordes of anime people while looking silly, you could do a lot worse than this game.


No comments:

Post a Comment