Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Game #3: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD
Platform: PS3
Total Playtime: 17 hours

So the other day when I was playing Halo 1, Erika wanted to use the TV so I went in the room and saw the copy of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 that my Sister-In-Law got me for Christmas. Now you can't jump into 2 without beating 1 first, so off I went!

So it was funny playing this right after Halo 1, since both games rely a lot on backtracking through the same areas multiple times. There is a definite lack of direction in this game, forcing you to wander through every area you have access to in order to advance the story.

Despite that though, the game is still a blast. Combat is super fluid and a lot of fun once you start unlocking combos, and it only gets better as the series progresses. Final Mix made a lot of improvements to the camera too, which I remember being a nuisance back when I beat Kingdom Hearts years ago. The game looks beautiful too, they really did a fantastic job overhauling the visuals.

The final level was a huge challenge and felt super rewarding when I managed to beat it. I love this game, and I was super happy playing through it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment