Friday, December 26, 2014

Introduction, Rules, and the oh so fun disclaimer

Hello Friends!

Okay, so I play a lot of games every year. Like seriously, it's probably unhealthy but you're not my real Dad so whatever I'll keep doing it.

This year though, I saw a post about the 52 game challenge over on NeoGAF and got to thinking. Just how many games do I play a year? Could I honestly complete this goal? Why not just push myself a bit farther and not only beat the games, but also write about them too?

Honestly, it all sounded like fun but instead of doing it to be cool on a message board, I am doing it mainly for myself. If any of you fine readers enjoy my thoughts and happen to come with me on this trip though, I am happy to have you along for the ride. Drop a comment, shoot me a message, tell me what to play next, call me an idiot, send me erotic Sonic fan fiction, hey whatever keeps you interested.

Now, the rules I will set for myself:

  • This challenge will run from 12/26/2014 through 12/25/2015
  • A game shall be considered "Beaten" when one or more of the following applicable criteria are met
    • The game's credits roll upon completion of the campaign.
    • Should the game not have a set end point, completing the vast majority available content will constitute completion. (Example: I would consider Warlords of Draenor complete after hitting level 100 and beating all dungeons and raids on any difficulty)
    • For multiplayer only titles, 20 hours of gameplay will constitute completion.
  • The games I complete can be on any platform.
  • I am not limited to one game per week.
  • I can replay a game if I desire, though I will try to avoid this.
  • I must write up my thoughts on a title and post about it in this blog for it to count as one of the 52 games.

Finally, a few disclaimers!
  • The views and opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of Trevor Page. These views and opinions do not represent those of my employer, Blizzard Entertainment. This blog is for me to learn more and put voice to my thoughts, so please don't dwell on my employer.
  • Just because I say I did not enjoy a game does not mean a game is bad. Different people find enjoyment in different things, and no one piece of entertainment is everything to everyone.
  • I am not a professional reviewer, I just have opinions on the things I play. 
  • Do NOT attempt this at home. 
Well, wish me luck! I have a feeling I don't fully understand what I am getting myself into here. By the way, Game #1 will be this unholy spawn of Jet Grind Radio and Saints Row.


No comments:

Post a Comment